The focus of the 2016 CEYC Virtual Youth Sports Conference & Expowill be on providing coaches, parents, schools, educators and organizational leaders with both scientific and practical information that they can use for the betterment of youth sports. We are inviting proposals on the following topics:
- Motivational Strategies
- Building a Coaching Career
- Parents Forum
- Safe and Ethical Sports Programming for Schools, Organizations and Associations
- Physical Conditioning
- Positive Character Building
- Sport and Society (with emphasis on youth sports)
- Effective Communication
- The History of Youth Sports in the United States and Abroad
- Ethical/ Values Based Development of Sports Specific Skill
- Developing/ Running a Youth Outreach Program
- Philosophy and Ethics in Youth Sports
- Injury Prevention
- Youth and Media
All proposals should align with the mission and code of ethics of the Center for Ethical Youth coaching. Finished papers will have the opportunity to be published in The International Journal of Sports & Ethics. There will be two options for presentations. 1) A Sixty-minute presentation with fifteen minutes reserved for questions or 2) A twenty-minute presentation with five minutes reserved for questions (in this format you will be presenting with two other people who are presenting separately). Depending on the number of submissions on a particular topic, we reserve the right to suggest the direction and length of your proposal.
Important Submission Deadlines:
More info coming soon!
Guidelines for preparing proposals:
- Electronic Submissions Only
- The following information must be in your abstract:
- Presentation Title
- Brief description of your presentation (maximum of 500 words)
- Whether your presentation will be in a 20-minute session or 60 minute session.
- Presentation format: lecture, interactive/ workshop, roundtable or poster presentation (all these are possible in the virtual format)
- Brief bio about speaker(s) (300 word max)
- Speaker(s) contact information
- Special needs for presentation
Please note, there will be an orientation before the conference to familiarize speakers with the virtual format and to ensure that their equipment is compatible with the operating platform.
Speaker Proposal Evaluation
The review committee will be closely inspecting the proposals to ensure that they adhere to the mission and values of the Center for Ethical Youth Coaching; however, in the spirit of academic debate, presentations that appropriately challenge the mission and values of the Center for Ethical Youth Coaching will be considered. The committee is looking for well-researched presentations that offer innovative ideas and solutions. The review committee will not accept proposals that are advertisements, if this is your desire we would be glad to accommodate you with an exhibit space at our virtual expo.